Search This Blog

Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Slippery Slope Fallacy?

Wikipedia (I know, I know... its the best I can do with my brain feeling as slimy as it does after reading what I'm about to tell you....) says the following about the "slippery slope" argument:

"In logic and critical thinking, a slippery slope is a logical device, but it is usually known under its fallacious form, in which a person asserts that some event must inevitably follow from another without any rational argument or demonstrable mechanism for the inevitability of the event in question. A slippery slope argument states that a relatively small first step leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant effect, much like an object given a small push over the edge of a slope sliding all the way to the bottom.[1] The strength of such an argument depends on the warrant, i.e. whether or not one can demonstrate a process that leads to the significant effect. The fallacious sense of "slippery slope" is often used synonymously with continuum fallacy, in that it ignores the possibility of middle ground and assumes a discrete transition from category A to category B. Modern usage avoids the fallacy by acknowledging the possibility of this middle ground."

According to many liberals, the argument that if homosexual marriage is allowed soon we will see things like pedophilia and beastiality being condoned along with other to date taboo sexual practises is logical fallacy.

My question is how that can be when we have already seen the start of the campaigning to have pedophilia declared a legitimate sexual orientation (just like homosexuality once was) 

European Parliament member promotes pedophilia as part of the sexual revolution

But what about other taboo sexual practises? Like incest for example? An article has recent emerged regarding "Genetic Sexual Attraction" (incest for short). This is now apparently a thing that we must all find normal and completely healthy in the near future - just like homosexuality.


Now accuse me of being narrow-minded and bigoted all you want but I think this is unnatural and should be criminalised. not only is it mentally harmful to all involved but it is dangerous to any offspring that might be born from such a union. 

And then those conservatives among us get blasted from a dizzy height when we advocate for the protection of the traditional nuclear family - this would not happen if mothers and fathers were parents to their children. And personally I think even the idea of it is icky! I need some brain bleach.


According to that sourcelink, in the late 80s, the term Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA) was coined to describe the feelings of sexual attraction biological relatives have to one another.  It can happen in up to HALF of cases where estranged relatives are reunited as adults. Folks who have studied GSA say that it happens for all sorts of reasons, including a feeling of always having "belonged" to the relative, the desire to experience the bonding that was missed out on during childhood, or just number of things people have in common with their relatives.  
But probably the most taboo instance of GSA occurs between fathers and daughters.  A guy by the name of Keith Pullman has personally interviewed several GSA couples, and spoke to an 18 year old woman from the Great Lakes region who has been in a sexual relationship with her biological father for two years (after being estranged from him for 12 years.)  They are freaking ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED NOW.
But let me just give you my insights quickly there is no way that these questions were answered by an 18 year old girl. The answers read more like the drivel that would be spewed by some women's studies major at a lovely liberal college and here is why:
1. We are expected to believe that her grandparents are perfectly fine with the incestuous relationship and looking forward to some great/grand children;
2. They supposedly live in a small town and no one knows;
3. She has always known she was "bi-sexual"; and
4. It's the most passionate, loving and fulfilling relationship she's ever had - yet she was supposedly a virgin and had never dated before?
Below you can find the most cringeworthy charming parts of the article:

"So can you remember what it was like the moment you and your dad were reunited? Was there an instant attraction?
It was so weird and confusing. I was seeing my dad for the first time in forever but it was also like, He’s so good-looking! And then I was like, What the hell are you thinking? What is wrong with you? I saw him as my dad but then also part of me was like, I’m meeting this guy who I have been talking to over the internet and really connecting with and I find him attractive.

Was there a single moment you realized that you were sexually and romantically attracted to your dad?
After I had stayed with him for about five days. He was living with his girlfriend. On the first night he slept on the couch and I slept on the floor, just to make sure that I was okay. Sleeping in new places makes me very anxious so I asked him to stay with me in case I had one of the terrible nightmares I usually experience. The second night I had him sleep on the couch again and then the third night I fell asleep with him on the floor lying on his chest, in his arms. The fourth night rolled around and we ended up on the floor again. This time we actually cuddled. When he woke up, we were spooning. I didn’t know this at the time but later, after we admitted our feelings, he told me he had had “morning wood” and had gone to fix it.

That night we were play-wrestling in the room I was going to sleep in and I bit him. He was wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a tank top and after I bit him I could see goose bumps pop up from his toes to his shoulders. Then he pinched my inner thigh and I got goose bumps.

We stopped and said that we didn’t know what was going on but admitted that we had strong feelings for each other. We discussed whether it was wrong and then we kissed. And then we made out, and then we made love for the first time. That was when I lost my virginity.

What was it like?
There’s a reason I lost my virginity to him — because I’d never felt comfortable with any other man. It was insanely sensual. It lasted for about an hour and there was a lot of foreplay. We both had orgasms. We are so similar, so it’s so easy to sexually please each other. For example, we both love neck-biting. I’ve never been in a more passionate, loving, fulfilling situation.

I’m curious, given the age gap and the perceived power dynamic, did you feel forced or coerced at all?
Absolutely not. He made sure I wanted to do it. We both initiated it and he kept asking me if I was okay, not because he thought I was distressed but because he wanted me to know that we could stop at any point. It was like any other man and woman having sex after they had each admitted their feelings. 

Did you think that a relationship was a possibility?
We discussed it before we had sex. I told him I was saving myself for someone who I’d be committed to for the rest of my life. It was important for me to make it clear that if I made love to him he was in a relationship with me. I didn’t regret it at all. I was happy for once in my life. We fell deeply in love. 

How quickly did he end things with his girlfriend?
We made sure to move out of the girlfriend’s immediately because we knew we couldn’t be together there. Before her, he was with a woman for eight years and she’s now our roommate. Talk about awkward for the first three months! 

Did you tell her about the nature of your relationship?
She found out when she heard us making love. I guess we didn’t realize how thin the bedroom floor was. She really didn’t mind. Now we’re like a little family. She calls me her daughter. 

How many people know about it?
Everyone on my mom’s side of the family sees us as father and daughter. Those who know that he’s my dad, and that we are engaged, include my father’s parents (they can see we are happy together and they can’t wait for us to have babies — they treat us just like any other couple), the woman we live with, and my best friend.

You’re engaged?
I’m planning on a full-on wedding but it won’t be legally registered. And personally, I don’t believe you need a piece of paper to prove that you want to be with the person you love. When you get married, you are signing part of yourself over to somebody. We’ll tell everybody that we got our marriage license, but they don’t have to see it. One of our friends will act as the celebrant. The color scheme is black and purple, and we are both going to wear Converse tennis shoes. He’s wearing jeans and a nice dress shirt. He says he’s not wearing a bow tie, but it’s my wedding and I am saying that he is. My best friend will be my maid of honor and she’ll be dressed in purple. My grandmother and grandfather — my fiancé’s parents — are going to attend and my grandpa will give me away. The tables will have bouquets of trees without leaves to represent our marriage, which will be like a growing tree. My dress will be black. 

How do you manage to hide it from your mom? Is it difficult to keep it a secret?
She doesn’t live in the same town as us and we visit her, together, a couple of times a month. Occasionally we slip up and call each other "babe" or other goofy little names. She acts like there’s something up but she doesn’t know what the hell it is. We recently got tattoos together. Mine says, “I love my peanut butter,” because I call him my peanut butter. His says, “I love my jelly,” because that’s what he calls me. What father and daughter do you know who have names for each other and tattoos like that? She just said, “Oh, those are cute.” She plays dumb about it.

Do you think you’ll ever tell her?
We plan to move to New Jersey where we can be safe under the law, since adult incest isn’t illegal there, and once I’m there I’ll tell everyone. I’ll call my mom and let her know that we are in love and we are having children. If she wants to see her grandkids we’ll send her money and she can drive to see us. Once we are out about it I won’t be comfortable going back to my hometown. What if someone calls the cops?

Is that what’s stopping you from telling her now?
Part of me thinks she won’t give a crap and then another part of me thinks she’ll want to hunt us down and get the police to lock us up and throw away the key. She’s very unpredictable, so I just don’t know how she’ll react. 

So would you have kids together, or would you adopt?
We’ll have kids together.

Will you tell your kids that their father is your dad, and their grandfather?
We’ve decided that most likely we won’t. I don’t want to give them any problems.

Is the father-daughter dynamic part of your sex life?
Not usually, but it has come up a couple of times when one of us blurts out “baby girl” or “daddy” or something. Last time it happened, we both stood up and stopped doing what we were doing. It caught us off guard. 

What is it like to know that your fiancé once dated your mom and has had sex with her?
That was so long ago. It’s really just the same as thinking about your boyfriend having sex with an ex-girlfriend. I never experienced them as a couple. 

Do you think you have something special that other couples don’t?
I think we have a better relationship than any couple I’ve met because our bond is so strong. I just feel so close to him and so in love with him. We are almost two years into the relationship and I’m still head over heels with that “first few weeks in love” feeling. Everybody says we are the cutest couple they’ve ever seen. I took him to prom.

Didn’t he and your mom conceive you on prom night?
Yeah. 

Do you ever call him Dad?
When I need my dad I say, “Hey, Dad, I need you.” And then he’s not going to be my fiancé or my boyfriend, but my father. 

What sorts of things do you have in common?
We both like being outdoors and we are interested in artistic things like photography and painting. We both have an extreme love for animals — we have five dogs and we like the countryside and equine activities. He was in FFA when he was in high school and so was I. Our favorite food is chicken, our second favorite is fish. We both like computers and video games. We both want a big family.

Is he physically your type?
Definitely. He’s alternative and has piercings and tattoos.

What’s your response to people who just can’t get their head around your relationship?
I just don’t understand why I’m judged for being happy. We are two adults who brought each other out of dark places. People need to research incest and GSA because they don’t get it and I don’t think they understand how often it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment